Monday, May 17, 2010

MSIA: YMS-16M Xamel - Remaster Project

As I begin to work on my HG 1/144 Astraea Type F, I am also simutaneously working on a few other projects as well. One such project is my decision to finally do a remaster work on the MSIA (Mobile Suit In Action) YMS-16M Xamel. The MSIA Xamel is consider a pretty rare figure that was released way back in 2003. At the time, this toy costed me 25USD, but now it cost about 3 times that amount or more.

I really love the Xamel. It was one of my favorite Zeon's grunt long-range artillery unit in the OVA Gundam 0083. Appearing only in a few episodes, but the impression of the mobile suit stayed in my head for a long time, just like the lasting impression the Stark Jegan gave me in Gundam UC Ep.01.

The toy is pretty detail and well made, but now I shall now give it a makeover using pla-plate & new paint. One of the item on the agenda is to remake the head, which I am quite excited about. Update on this later.



7 comments:

  1. Just look at the size and heavy artillery! It's no wonder even captain Burning had a hard time bashing it with RGM. It's unfortunate that due to its huge size, it makes retreat unlikely. The fighting spirit of Zeon is really admirable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah the fighting spirit of the Zeon is indeed admirable. It is better than Keith running around yelling & whinning in his headless Zaku. I also like the Kamakazi demise of Gato during his last sortie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to your progress on this one - are you going for the "fresh out of factory" look or will you do some weathering? I think adding rust, heavy use, etc a'la FichtenFoo would really suit this MS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Originally I was thinking of a 'fresh out of factory' repaint as I usually do. But now, I am leaning toward doing shading (shadowing) & perhaps weathering.

    FichtenFoo is definitely a master modeller. His works are very good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Man that thing is amazing, I personally find it my favorite unit.
    My only problem with the Xamel is that, since it IS a prototype, there is no space variant. I mean, come on, the range of the cannon would be nearly quadrupled, with accurate range-finding equipment it would be almost unstoppable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. what scale is that? 1/144?

    ReplyDelete
  7. MSIA is a little bit smaller, I think 1/171 according to google searches.

    ReplyDelete

Gundam Guy Blog

Related Posts with Thumbnails