Monday, June 7, 2010

Today's Loot - All About Accessories...

Is been awhile since I'd looted. =)  Today I received a shipment of gunpla accessories that I'd purchased from Starship Modeler for my future projects.

First up, I've got myself some M.S.G. Mechanical Chain Base.  I have a lot of these bases from their 007-010 series.  But I don't have the earlier ones, but now I have 2 of 001, 2 of 002, and 1 of 004 (which is specifically for displaying 1/144 kits).   I am still searching for more 004 & 005, maybe I will wait to get them directly in HK/JP later this summer.

I also got two packs of WAVE 1/100 Mobile Staff.  These will definitely go well with the chain base and any MG 1/100 kits I build in the future.

And I also got a pack of WAVE 1/144 Mobile Staff.  Since I work with mostly HG kits, these will come in handy.  It even comes with a cockpit seat to be used if I want to mod a 1/144 to have a open cockpit.  Quite nice.

Lastly, I also purchased 2 packs of Madman Lighting's Deluxe-8 LED & Fiber Optic Lighting kit.   These will be great for projects where I want to install LED lighting.  Each pack comes with:
- 9 LED's in white, blue, red, yellow & green
- 3 feet length of jacketed fiber optic cable with 64 stands within
- wire wrap hookup wire
- 10 inches of heatsrink tubing
- jumper for unused connectors
- CD installation guide

These LEDs will be perfect for modding the Mega Size 1/48 RX-78-2 Gundam.


These fiber optic strands will be great to create tiny hanger lighting, or hull lighting for EX kits.

4 comments:

  1. Looking forward to what you going to do with these loots. I got the MSG mech chain base too only 2. got budget.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woah, can't way to see how you use those LEDs :o

    ReplyDelete
  3. First time I see 1/144 MS pilot and crew sold like this. You really have a lot of bases now and wow LED for mods. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @LEon: Yeah I think I am addicted to those mech chain base. LOL. I think I will be addicted to those mobile staffs too.

    @Igro: I think I will use them on the 1/48 Gundam. I hope to finish that before I head to HK & JP later this summer.

    @Dennis: Yeah when I saw those mobile staff I just know I gotta buy them. Long ago I had big plans for the chain base, I think I will finally paint them and detail them soon.

    ReplyDelete

Gundam Guy Blog

Related Posts with Thumbnails